Do you have a To-Do-list? I dare say you are in good company. But do you have a Don’t-Do-list? I am not sure many people have one of those. And sometimes, I think having the Don’t-Do-list is more beneficial than the To-Do-list. Often, that which we fret about doing takes up a whole bunch of time and energy, and it’s all (mostly at least) a total waste. Of time. Of energy. Especially if you’re a procrastinator, which perhaps most of us are? If so, it might be better to think about what you put on your Don’t-Do-list, rather than what you will be procrastinating about on your To-Do-list.
1) Avoid procrastination
2) Don’t say Yes or No out of habit – think about it. Is it mine to do?
4) Don’t be harsh towards myself
5) Don’t worry about the little things – or the larger ones for that matter. What happens happens. Deal with it when it happens.
6) Don’t hold myself to standards that are not sustainable in the long run
7) Don’t take myself too seriously – whatever happened it could be worse, so lighten up already!
What might your Don’t-Do-list look like?
Welcome to my humble abode, where the underlying tone centers around being gentle to oneself. On Sundays I share thoughts on how I do gentle, and I hope you enjoy it. If you do, please subscribe to updates so you won’t miss out on future posts in this series.Read More