I intend to go through my intentions for the year at the end of each month. This gives me a monthly reminder of my intentions as well as ample space for reflection and possible adjustment.
November. Another jampacked month that ended in a crescendo of emotions.
[On account of the Advent Calendar this post following up on November is much delayed.]
2019. The year when I will…
* have my bodily wellbeing in focus by:
- continuing with my daily Seven
accompanied by burpees: ✅ HeadspaceMeditate daily: ✅ 129 days with Wim Hof deep breathing. run a minimum of 75 runs–> run-when-I-feel-like-it-intention: Not even once.
- take cold (outdoors) baths as often as I can – and add to this by taking cold showers: 7 cold baths (or showers) in November. Have been to the open-air swimming-bath at Ribersborg a few times, and every time I go into the water for a swim, I stay in at least two minutes. That is quite the conversation starter I’ve noticed, many people comments and ask with curiosity “How on earth do you stay in so long?”. I enjoy that, ‘cuz it gives me a chance to talk about how I’ve come to love cold baths.
- dance Lindy hop as often as I can (taking a class during the spring, and then there’s the social dancing as well!): Lindy hop-class ended mid-November and on Wednesdays after that I’ve been busy so haven’t been to the social dances either.
- continuing to ride my bike and walk as much as possible: walked just short of 40 and biked barely 400 kilometers. I have 47 days with “at least 10 kilometers in my body” at that!
* have my mental and spiritual wellbeing in focus by:
- reading at least 75 books, of which 12 in Swedish and 12 in English already have been chosen. These 12 + 12 I will be blogging about: Jampacked month indeed, have only finished reading three books during November. It’s been quite some time since I read that little! At the end of the month, I was on 65/75 books, and am still short the English book for the month (I did finish the one for October though!). Don’t panic (bokk 10 of 12 in English) and Utan invandring stannar Sverige (book 11 of 12 in Swedish).
- learn at least five songs by heart including lyrics on the guitar, which will be made possible by my aim at ten minutes of guitar playing on a daily basis: Whoop whoop – have upped my game as a guitar student, because I’ve played my guitar every day in November, which hasn’t happened in a long time!
- I will let the wonderful book The book of Awakening by Mark Nepo be my daily companion: Well… no. Even Mark has been hit by this month’s jam-packedness.
- hold digital 24-hour sabbats at least twice a month: October turned into a weird month in relation to digital sabbat. I had one for the choir trip to Åre/Östersund on October 3-6, and 25-26 at that, and possibly 11-12th… but I am not 100% certain. So… I know one thing. I have not been as observant on this as I usually am. Perhaps that’s why I have been missing my digital sabbats these last few weeks? In November, I plan on digital sabbats on 8-9, 15-16 and 29-30th.
- 12-13 (sabbat from pleasure-screen time, even though I went to visit a machine manufacturer in Germany these two days, so I did have quite some work-screen time), 15-16th and 29-30th of November. In December I plan for digital sabbats on 15-16, 19-20 and 30-31.
* have creation in focus by:
- booking at least four two-day writing retreats during the year: These are the dates: 13-14 September, 28-28 October, 11-12 November, 9-10 December.I would have needed my soul sister Sara at home in November to make that writing retreat happen… On the other hand, it was very beneficial for me with two days of blocked time in my calendar, because I could use that time to deal with one emergency after another. And, as a bonus, I have a writing retreat booked for New Years!
keeping up with daily Facebook Lives for as long as there’s energy in doing it:
- blog daily: No. Not even close. 3 Swedish and 3 English posts in November. 🤐
- start to pod: Have cut 7 episodes with 15 to go… so I had better block off some calendar time for this work as well. The jampacked calendar had me make other priorities. October looks even worse, so I will block off 4th and 15th of November to get my pod up and running again. That didn’t help. Oh well, it will be, in due time. But, let’s not forget that I am moderating the pod Fria Barn which was released in November, and in December a couple of episodes of another pod I am a part of will also be released. [Note December 27th when this blog will be published in English: Nope, will be in January.] So I am podding, just not on my own Doing gentle with an edge.
- release (at least) 4 e-books in 2019: There is now a started ebook on my computer, but nothing else has happened during November.
* have financial husbandry in focus by:
- sowing, sowing and sowing a little bit more; on a weekly basis intentionally work on my various income streams: ✅
- keep tabs on my set invoicing goal on a monthly basis: ✅I reached my set goals in January, March, August, October and in November! Whoop! Did not in February, April, May, June, July or September.
- keep an accounts book on private income and expenses: ✅
And finally – on all levels – experiment and play, experience pleasure and exploring and challenging myself, all the while being gentle to myself: The few photos I’ve taken in November bear witness to the jam-packedness of November. I did finish off the Mastermind-group I’ve been facilitating since August, I have had quite a few cold baths with magnificent view’s, I’ve been darning socks with Pop the cat for company, attended Mozart’s Requiem with Skånes Dansteater at Malmö Opera (what a performance!), Rocketman sing-a-long-movie and restorative gong-baths at Yoga Kendra with H and finally, that emotional crescendo: Alma coming home after 10,5 months in Australia. I cried when she walked through customs at the airport and I was finally allowed to hug my firstborn. What a sensation!