I intend to go through my intentions for the year at the end of each month. This gives me a monthly reminder of my intentions as well as ample space for reflection and possible adjustment.
May went pass quick as a space rocket, and what a gloriously wonderful, fantastic and expansive month it’s been at that!
2019. The year when I will…
* have my bodily wellbeing in focus by:
- continuing with my daily Seven
accompanied by burpees: ✅
- Headspace daily: ✅
run a minimum of 75 runs–> run-when-I-feel-like-it-intention: No running in May and hence, I am tweaking this intention. My big toe joint is messing up, I do believe it’s gotten a bit too much Lindy Hop dancing!
- take cold (outdoors) baths as often as I can – and add to this by taking cold showers: 7 cold baths in May, and sadly I have to report that the water temperature is increasing day by day so… no more cold (!) baths to be had until the fall. I have put my personal limit at 14 degrees, above that and it’s not a cold bath any more.
- dance Lindy hop as often as I can (taking a class during the spring, and then there’s the social dancing as well!): Have attended a few social dances after the class ended. Planning to keep it up during summer!
- continuing to ride my bike and walk as much as possible: walked 60 and biked just short of 300 kilometers.
* have my mental and spiritual wellbeing in focus by:
- reading at least 75 books, of which 12 in Swedish and 12 in English already have been chosen. These 12 + 12 I will be blogging about: Read 24/75 böcker. Blogged about The Wind-up Bird Chronicle (book 5 of 12 in English) and the Swedish counterpart is Tjärdalen.
- learn at least five songs by heart including lyrics on the guitar, which will be made possible by my aim at ten minutes of guitar playing on a daily basis: Oh my… 8 times in May. That’s all the love I’ve given the guitar this month. I will do better!
- I will let the wonderful book The book of Awakening by Mark Nepo be my daily companion: ✅
- hold digital 24-hour sabbats at least twice a month: 4-5 and 18-19 May I took well-deserved digital sabbats. If you’ve yet to try it out, do, if only for the joy of returning to the digital once the sabbat is over! In June I aim for the same on 6-7, 15-16 and then I’ll have to see what happens in Kenya!
* have creation in focus by:
- booking at least four two-day writing retreats during the year: pondering a few ideas about writing retreats, including the possibility of running a digital retreat? My ideas from January remain.
- keeping up with daily Facebook Lives for as long as there’s energy in doing it: ✅
- blog daily: ✅
- start to pod: Haven’t booked any new recording sessions so the existing episodes of Doing Gentle with an Edge are available in a podplayer close to you, but no new ones are in the pipe line just yet.
- release (at least) 4 e-books in 2019: thoughts are swirling, nothing concretized as of yet.
* have financial husbandry in focus by:
- sowing, sowing and sowing a little bit more; on a weekly basis intentionally work on my various income streams: ✅I am really levelling up on this aspect!
- keep tabs on my set invoicing goal on a monthly basis: ✅I reached my set goals in January and March, not in February, April and May.
- keep an accounts book on private income and expenses: Worked better in May, but not optimal, so I will keep “Need to find a better routine to avoid the trap of filling my account-book way after the fact….” from last month.
And finally – on all levels – experiment and play, experience pleasure and exploring and challenging myself, all the while being gentle to myself: May has been such a rish month I cannot visualise it with one photo only, so I give you two! The pilot round of 60 timmars tankespjärn took place May 8-10 and both before, during and after #tankespjärn has been my given focus! And what an experience, what a treat! My garden is thriving and I am getting helo from knowledgeable and skilled friends with green fingers – what a difference that makes! I was inspired by Michel and Mariella Issa, I have been brain storming with Janine who started the Skåne Networking Community on FB which took of like lightning! I have sung to my hearts content (Gaaaalen!), enjoyed my cold baths (I even went skinny dipping at the choir summer festivities!) and been to TEDxSlottsparken-rehearsal (I will be the moderator, I look forward to it immensely! It takes place on June 14th 2019, and will be live streamed, so keep your eyes open!), been to a funeral, seen Guds olydiga revben after a book by Gunilla Thorgren (God’s disobedient rib is the translated title) – and was completely wow:ed! Add to that the fun me and Monika has at the Party-a-long with Dirty Dancing at Spegeln. And then on top, I’ve worked my ass off, spent a full day in teh company of the Swedish Medicinal Agency at a client, have been cleaning my house over and over again, took photo’s and put up an add on AirBnB, posted adds for a bunch of stuff on Shpock and have been appointed Special Legal Guardian (Särskilt Förordnad Vårdnadshavare) to my very first unaccompanied minor (Gode Barn). Feels grand!